Thursday, March 28, 2019

Campaign Building 01: Premise & Themes


When prepping for a new campaign I like to make a list of themes I want see and use. The setting for the next campaign will be 17th century Egypt and the premise is the player characters are a budding secret society(ala Illuminate) who are racing against rivals cults to find the mcguffin hidden away in the ancient tombs of egypt. Sounds sweet to me and unique which is what my players wanted. It also sounds like A LOT of work. Oh well I'm a glutton for punishment. 

What I want to see:

  1. Secret Societies/Weird Cults
  2. Strict Dehydration/Ration Tracking.
  3. Tomb Robbing/Hiring locals of questionable(none) loyalty.
  4. Heavy Emphasis on Traps/Less Monsters More Traps.
  5. THE Mummy, not multiple. Stalks the party if set loose, Michael Myers style.
  6. Unique Treasure/Spells.
  7. Amulets of Protection.
  8. Something weird with the Nile River.
  9. Lots of death by crocodiles.
  10. Mirages, and Oases with a weird twist.
Soon friend, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment